FIFA 17 St Patricks Day is one of the most hyped FUT promotions of the year. The offers will be widely known and a lot of FUT 17 players will prepare early! You can expect one of the most exciting featured FUT tournaments of the year, new green cards, a variety of Irish themed pack offers and potentially more. Specific players will more than double in price, so investing early can make you a lot of FIFA 17 coins. All of the offers and our advice regarding FIFA 17 St Patricks Day can be found below in our updated guide.
St Patricks Day 2017 falls on Friday, March 17th. EA released offers from Wednesday, March 16th until Monday, March 21st for FIFA 16 Ultimate Team. We can expect to see a similar schedule for FIFA 17 Ultimate Team. Don’t forget that FUT’s 8th Birthday falls on March 19th, so will directly follow this promotion.
FIFA 17 St Patricks Day
We’ll update all offers and promotions below, as they are announced.
To be confirmed.
Green Team Cards Design
The St Patricks Day Green Team cards may look similar to the design below;
FIFA 16 Offers
- Featured Tournament: 18 from Republic of Ireland + Northern Ireland, 15k Online, 10k Offline, World Class.
- Pack offers, featuring 8.5k, 15k, 25k & 35k each day throughout the promotion.
- Green team, featuring 23 players with Republic of Ireland nationalities.
Investing to make coins
We’ve experienced many FIFA St Patricks Day tournaments and so have many other users. Over that time, the market has considerably changed. FIFA Ultimate Team users are now investing mega early with Irish players, looking to profit upon the release of a hyped featured tournament. While this is sensible, selling when everyone else does can cause a spiral of users undercutting one another, resulting in lower profits. For FIFA 17 St Patricks Day investing, we advise the following;
- Buy Republic of Ireland players before the TOTY. Typically player prices are at their short term lows towards January 13th – January 16th, but beware as players are starting to invest earlier and earlier. With disappointing win rewards last year, we’re expecting this year to be significantly greater, causing greater hype in players and greater profits. Please note that even some of the cheaper non-rares increase considerably in price, especially if they fit the requirements nicely and are given a green team card.
- Sell your investments in the week before the promotion starts, typically March 8th – 15th. Several late investors join the party at this stage, artificially pushing up prices even further.
Although we won’t see a market crash anywhere near as steep as FUT United (the crash before the crash) / Black Friday / Cyber Monday, if you’re not already playing with a cheaper team by this point, in our opinion it would be wise to do so. Sell your teams before March 10th – 13th. St Patricks Day followed by FUT’s 8th Birthday should help to ensure player prices trend slightly lower, typically between 5-10% lower.
Is the biggest tournament usually for St. Patrick’s Day?
St. Patrick’s Day is widely celebrated and hence EA make an extra effort to make Irish players the theme of FUT. One way to do this is by having a featured tournament, where Irish players are the requirement. While the Irish tournament is big in terms of hype and initial win rewards, there’s arguably a more exciting tournament for the FIFA Ultimate Team Birthday promotion (which just so happens to directly follow). In FIFA 16, FUT’s 7th Birthday celebration introduced an amazing tournament with 7 future win rewards, plenty of free packs and promotional packs every 8 hours.
Will there be ‘Lightning Rounds’?
We doubt it based on previous years. Lightning rounds are quick fire pack offers, available in limited quantities and are first come, first served. There are also times such as FIFA 17 Black Friday or Cyber Monday offers where we may see new offers every hour for 24 hours.