Although the creation of FIFA 14 is well underway with the release date anticipated to be similar to FIFA 13 (late September this year), listed are some improvements (much of which is based on feedback and comments from Ultimateteam.co.uk users over the last few months) that we think can take FUT 14 to the next level. FUT 13 has undoubtedly been a great success with a massive increase in players but hopefully with your valued input EA will take note of what you the customer wants and make FUT 14 even better, ironing out and improving some of the more frustrating elements!
Based on your feedback, here are the key areas we feel need improving:
- Market searching
- A new training system
- Greater depth in customization
- Card types
- A squad builder feature
- Sharing/feedback option
- Handicap/scripting/momentum (although officially EA say this DOES NOT exist)
We anticipate FUT 14 to be something special and should hopefully include several of the following improvements:
- Be able to search a player by Name, Height, Age, Stats (i.e 85+ Passing etc) and Category (i.e IF Bronze, IF Silver, IF Gold etc).
- A player’s attacking and defensive work rate should be displayed.
- Skill moves and weak foot ability should be displayed on the web app. Currently you can only see it on the console.
- You should be able to view a player’s in-game stats. Currently you can only do this on your console by going into team management.
- You should be able to view a player’s bio and traits in the auction house.
- You should be able to search for particular formations or position cards.
- You should be able to filter your search by time remaining.
- Remove training (boost) cards and implement a new training system based on Skill Games. For example you train your players by completing levels on Skill Games.
- The ability to create realistic custom formations (within reason!). This will help counteract pace abuse and sweaty goals!
- More realistic positional changes (i.e a wing swap card – LM>RM, LW>RW, LF>RF and also a wing to a central position card – LW>ST, RW>CF etc).
- Within the game you can build a squad using a ‘Squad Builder’ feature (try before you buy).
Share / Feedback:
- Feature to rate players so you can see what other FUTers think.
- Watch a friends match as a spectator.
Handicap / Scripting / Momentum:
- The majority of you have expressed that you feel handicap / scripting / momentum exists. EA state that these factors DO NOT exist. If they do not then perhaps more can be done to stop things happening that convince so many FUTers that they do exist. Hopefully this can be addressed for the release of FIFA 14.
Miscellaneous – Discussion:
- A new feature where you can flip a card around to see work rate, skill moves and weak foot stats.
- A loan feature where you can receive a player on loan for a period of time. Once the duration of the loan ends, the player will expire or automatically be discarded.
- Coin wager on head-to-head, if both parties agree. Perhaps a double or nothing as seen with XP in head to head matches.
- Be able to leave a game by a certain time without it counting as a DNF, providing the connection is below a certain level. This must be carefully considered though, as this could encourage quitting if your opponent’s team is of a high rating.
- Be able to receive interest on coins if left in your bank.
**UPDATED** (We have added in many of your comments)
- Own kit and logo customization
- International kits and logos
- Alternate kit (sometimes both kits clash)
- Player number customization
- Keeper to wear the number 1 shirt and not number 2
- A new type of legends card that features the likes of Maradona, Ronaldo, Maldini, Roberto Carlos, Zico, Shearer etc.
- A card that allows you to combine various players and maintain 100 chemistry for 1 game.
- Everyone starts off with their own special card, rated 50 or so and you get set goals. Once these goals are complete you rank your player up. By doing this everyone has the chance to play with a 90+ rated player without having to put real money into the game. You can move him to any position (costs around 10k to change country for different Squads and 5k to change league and team). – Arizing ‘Idea courtesy of Nepenthez’
- An ongoing league for bragging rights among your friends.
In depth stats:
- An assist column
- Goals against/for for GK’s
We want to know if you have anything to add to YOUR FUT 14 wishlist! Are you experienced with Photoshop and have any new card design ideas? Send your designs over to email@example.com. We will review all your comments below this article and add many into this wishlist!
To talk to other FUTers LIVE head over to our Live Chat feature. We will consider and publish as many views as possible and hopefully together we can help make this great game even better!