Ever felt you needed a helping hand to make more coins in FUT 13? We have listed 10 tips that you can follow today to help you trade smarter in FIFA 13 Ultimate Team!
Just to be clear, the best method of making coins that we know of is the FUT Millionaire Guide. As you will see from reading our review, not only do you receive an 80+ page guide but you also receive tutorial videos, support and EXCLUSIVE weekly emails (weekly insider trading updates) from FUT Millionaire. These are probably worth more than the guide itself and are very detailed, showing you in real-time where your trading focuses should be. The 10 quick tips listed below will help you out but are by no means as detailed as the content of the guide/videos/insider updates provided by FUT Millionaire.
For live FUT 13 updates (Team of the Week (TOTW) details & Happy Hour reminders)
1) “A BEAST TOTW will allow you to make coins by trading formation cards (preferably 4 at the back formations or 3-5-2) – Set the max price to 350ish and search for bargain formations. Do not spend over 550 coins, unless a 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-3 is going for a bargain price. Formation cards can be unpredictable so try bidding at different times of the day to see when the auction house is less crowded.” – SmarbaTV. This is guaranteed to ensure you receive decent profits as when there is a BEAST TOTW thousands of packs are opened, which generates a HUGE influx of consumables onto the market! Pack your trade pile with as many of these bargain formation cards as possible and sell at a higher BIN price instantly or wait until a bad TOTW is released. When a bad TOTW is released nowhere near as many packs are opened and the market will become dry of these type of cards.
2) The 10 most popular formations for the XBOX 360 in order of average price (most popular first):
Your trading focus should preferably be with these formations.
3) “As soon as you hear of the latest TOTW or can predict a player that will be in the TOTW, buy normal versions of the in-form players and other good cheap players in the same league (within a couple of hours max)! Make sure the normal versions of the IF’s have decent card stats. Don’t hang about as some mid-advanced trader will snap up any good opportunities and will cause the price to rise. You should get some very good profits within a couple of days” – FUT Millionaire. You may have noticed this happened with Shinji Kagawa in TOTW 25 (March 6th 2013), where his normal price nearly doubled and started to decline shortly after!
4) The best time to sell is usually around 7-11pm (UK time). Avoid buying during these times as competition will be fierce!
5) For the more serious traders, you can use your EASFC (EA SPORTS Football Club Credits) to increase the amount of slots available in your Trade Pile. This will allow you to trade more efficiently as you won’t have to worry about maxing out your Trade Pile with the default 30 slots. You can also use your EASFC Points to increase the amount of slots available in your Consumables and Watch List.
6) Try not to get frustrated if your cards don’t sell for their going price the first time around. This can be frustrating but in the long run by re-listing items it will ensure you get the most amount of coins possible (frustrated FUTers who cannot be bothered to search around WILL buy them!!). For those of you who NEED to sell your items quickly, make sure you sell them at the cheapest on the market. Bare in mind that there will usually be a few under-priced cards so ignore the cards that you feel are significantly under-priced. Get an idea of the base price before you sell a card by experimenting with the maximum BIN price.
7) The market fluctuates all the time! Different events released by EA can cause price spikes and shocks. The more experienced traders will know that when a BEAST TOTW is released there are also a large influx of players as well as consumables onto the market, which opens up many opportunities. Tournaments can also have a significant impact upon certain leagues as the requirements sometimes state you can only have players from a certain league. This can be seen during the St Patricks Day Tournament where Irish players went through the roof! Other events such as Player Upgrades and Transfers, the release of Team of the Year (TOTY) and Team of the Tournament (TOTT) players caused fluctuations too.
8) If you want to sell an item as a BIN as opposed to an auction, you want to keep your starting price as close to your BIN price as possible. This is so potential buyers won’t feel that they can get a bargain out of your starting price. For example if you list your Fernando Torres for 10k BIN with a 5k start price, buyers will try to get him for as close to 5k as possible (maybe 7/8k).
9) If you can’t find a bargain for the particular item you are searching for, perhaps it is a good idea to search for the item without a BIN price. This can be done by setting a maximum starting bid price around the limit you are willing to pay. This will display all the auctions that are likely to go down to the final seconds, which means this is where most bargains are likely to be found (most FUTers cannot be bothered to wait)!
10) Certain positional cards such as CAM-CM and CF-ST are worth around 7k on average (CF-ST currently around 9k on PS3). If you can find a player where the default position has been changed to the particular positional change that would cost a lot, then these players will be worth the extra 7k or so. Bargains can be found when this is the case!
Got some great FUT 13 trading tips that you would like to share? Let us know in the comments section below! The best 5 trading tips submitted by you will be featured in a ‘top 5 guest trading tips’ article with your names/twitters attached! For any FIFA YouTubers out there, we will also mention your channel after your tip if it makes the top 5!
You can also head over to our Live Chat feature to speak with other online FUTers.